Get Ready for Corporate Hiring Season
With the waning of the summer sun and a hint of autumn in the air, it’s a good time for professionals who want to make a career move to get ready for the changing season. In addition to football, fall leaves and apple cider, autumn signals “hiring season” for most of our corporate clients.
So while the Phoenix Partners team wants you to enjoy a safe and happy close to the summer season, we’re offering a few tips to get ready to make a move this fall.
1. Rank your top jobs and companies that you’d like to work with. Research corporate culture at each, and examine where you might fit in given your skill set. Be sure to let us know you’re interested in those companies – we can flag your database record to alert you whenever positions are opening. We can also help you assess the corporate culture at different companies we work with.
2. Update your resume to reflect your current skill set and recently acquired accreditation or achievements. Be certain to update Phoenix Partners so we’re equipped to help you leverage your recent hard work.
3. Update your LinkedIn profile to also reflect your recent accomplishments and accreditations. Remember, LinkedIn, like your resume, is a work in progress. Keep it fresh. (But do turn off your activity broadcasts within the privacy settings when you make changes if you’re covertly seeking a new position and don’t want employers to notice the changes.)
4. Schedule time to devote to company research, job review, application, and interviewing. Most corporations slow down hiring activities by Thanksgiving, so work backward from that time frame and block out time according to the goals for your job search.
5. Refresh your interviewing skills and best follow-up practices. If you’ve been in your present position for a long time, an interview can feel awkward like a first date. Practice responding to situational questions in a way that articulates your experience and value.
Are you looking to make a move this fall? Get ready, and reach out to Phoenix Partners to fast track your job search.