Summary of Position
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, execute and provide timely and cost-effective IT services to the business as the manager of the IT Applications group. The incumbent is accountable for all business and manufacturing databases, development systems, and tools. Both packaged and custom software are used and supported. This position requires sound judgment, solid technical skills, and the ability to manage conflicting priorities. The incumbent plans, recommends and implements software systems to support and meet company objectives.
As the leader of the Applications group, the incumbent has responsibility for a team between 5 and 8 and coordinates with consultants.
Nature and Scope
This position maintains systems and plans, implements system improvements, and sets priorities for the group. These efforts are in accordance with on-going operational requirements as well as short and long range goals.
The incumbent has responsibility for scheduling projects, establishing staffing requirements, and assists in developing and monitoring operating and capital budgets. This person is the lead liaison with plant managers and department leads and balances priorities and workloads. Conducts performance evaluations and salary reviews and interviews for potential employees.
The incumbent supervises the Application team on a daily basis, performs feasibility studies and makes written and oral presentations to all management levels. The incumbent organizes and delegates tasks to the staff, plans and schedules activities, and controls projects deliverable and time-lines.
• Provide reliable and cost effective Applications to the business
• Manage the IT Applications group of 5-8 professionals
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive Software Applications strategy
• Improve operational efficiencies, user effectiveness and provide timely/accurate information.
• Make formal presentations to management and users
• Recruit, organize, develop, and manage a professional staff and promote team-work
• Prepare project staffing requirements, plan and schedule project tasks and monitor results
• Direct staff and monitor budgets
• Negotiate vendor contracts
• Coordinate, prioritize, and assist in the development of on-time on-budget applications using both internal and external resources
• Improve professional and technical skills through continuing professional education
• Comply with environmental & health and safety policies for JM and governmental agencies
• Adhere to Information Technology Standards and Polices
• Occasional travel, both domestic and international
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
• Ten or more years of relevant IT experience including 5 years of leading and developing high performance teams
• Five years of project management experience implementing manufacturing systems
• High degree of managerial and technical skills
• Understanding of manufacturing and inventory practices, procedures and policies
• Solid understanding of the business unit’s software
• Working knowledge of personal computer operations in a Windows environment
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or green card holders. Local residents are preferred but relocation assistance is available for an excellent candidate.