This position provides a critical function managing the EOC and event management systems, services, and personnel for the technology organization. This individual will be responsible for managing and implementing existing and new solutions to provide advanced insight into system performance, capacity, and availability. He/She will manage the technical staff responsible for the identification, assessment, and resolution of systems related alerts and events, as well as provide level one treatment of production related issues. In addition, this individual will collaborate with engineering, operations, and development teams to ensure systems operate at the highest level of availability and that current and future monitoring capabilities are optimally maintained.
• Manages the daily operation of the company’s EOC including the monitoring tools and systems to enable effective event management across all IT applications and infrastructure.
• Participates in the ongoing development of the enterprise management architecture.
• Develops and maintains an enterprise management governance program.
• Develops and maintains ITIL based processes for event management. Identifies process owners and working with the Service Management to define, publish, and maintain event management process documentation and metrics. Ensures teams adhere to processes.
• Develops the process for system and event triage and recovery. Manages the diagnosis, trouble-shooting, performance analysis, and resolution of system events.
• Manages all EOC personnel activities including hiring, performance management, career development, work schedules, staff recognition, etc.
• Identifies trends and potential event sources by reviewing incident and conducting problem analysis.
• Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the event control process and adjusting as required.
• Identifies the appropriate teams and resources required to resolve events and escalating as required.
• Monitors the effectiveness of error control and makes recommendations for improvements.
• Provides technical guidance to staff and ongoing EOC status communication to staff, peers, and management with regards to outages and event related activity.
• Works collaboratively to develop, deploy, document, and maintain a cohesive enterprise systems management architecture in alignment with operating SLAs.
• Develops and implements a High Availability/Disaster Recovery Plan for tool suite.
• Creates and maintains associated scripts and profiles for event management product suite.
• Ensures operating health of the environment by keeping monitoring software and tool upgrades current.
• Proposes, defines, implements, and tests system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the event management systems.
• Follows development and implementation procedures, including the development and execution of test plans, change control, development of system documentation, etc. for monitoring software and tools.
• Manages participation in an on-call rotation that provides 24x7x365 coverage of mission critical functions.
• Ensures relevant information is disseminated to staff in a timely fashion. Facilitates productive communication between staff and leadership.
• Participates in planning and maintaining department budget.
• Effectively utilizes resources to achieve goals and objectives of the department.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline.
• 10+ years working in the IT field.
• minimum 5+ years in managing Operations Center and Situation and Problem Management function in large IT organization (500+ IT staff).
• Experience in insurance/financial industry is desired.
• Desirable technical certifications include: Infrastructure products, Project Management, ITIL, Six Sigma, or equivalent/related experience.
• ITIL practitioner.
• Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions.
• Prior experience establishing development standards and ability to use past experiences to identify potential areas of improvement.
• Strong business financial skills. Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets and negotiate and manage large/complex contracts.
• Strong customer relationship management skills..
• Excellent people leader with the ability to attract, develop, inspire and rally a great team located across multiple locations.
• Executive presence with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and live or be able to commute to the Lehigh Valley, PA area.