Our client is interested in hiring a Cloud Data Architect who is passionate about data, cloud data services, and governance. You will work hand-in-hand with the application and infrastructure teams to surface a vision of data services and governance. You will be responsible for architecting end to end data solutions including data collection and storage, data modeling, and data consumption with Azure based data warehouse and analytic tools. You will recommend cloud architecture and database structures based on the storage and data retrieval needs within the company.
- Responsible for attaining in depth knowledge of source system data and gathering data requirements needed for new reporting and analytic applications.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming and evaluating current systems.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Participate in the analysis and design of enterprise data warehouse and/or databases by applying current data warehouse methodologies and data modeling techniques.
- Owns and makes contributions in architecting, designing and planning BI / AI solutions, configuring services, aggregating data from multiple sources into a data repository.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts including source-to-target mappings, transforms, and data lineage.
- Design, develop, optimize, maintain and support ETL/ELT processes using Microsoft data integration cloud tools.
- Able to clearly evaluate, articulate, and illustrate designs that further the understanding of data storage and retrieval architectures.
- Responsible for assisting in developing, planning, and organizing procedures and testing scenarios to ensure the integrity of data integration processes and validation of job outputs. Seeks to innovate and optimize the existing system whenever possible.
- Work with business users for continuous improvement of existing reporting and analytics to drive effective business improvement.
- Provide end-user support, including direct interaction with users, service desk support, and development of documentation, job aids and training guides.
- Provides oversight and coaching to team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 2-5+ years' experience in a data analysis or management role
- Strong knowledge of database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques, and technologies and how to apply them in business.
- Experience with database modeling, design, and implementation especially for data lakes / data marts / data warehouses
- Experience working in a Microsoft data cloud technology environment.
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Experience building /Operating high available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing large data sets.
- Experience working with high volume data exchange and integrating large structured and unstructured data in multiple formats, character sets, and delivery methods.
- Experience with cloud architecture, Microsoft SQL Server and complex data structures.
- Experience working with a relational database using SQL (MS SQL preferred).
- Solid verbal, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Team player who is passionate about data architecting and wants to evangelize the knowledge and its application across IT.
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and reside locally since no relocation assistance is provided at this time.