Data Services team members are essentially “Special Forces” developers on the front line of cutting-edge big-data technologies, including data virtualization, data aggregation, and analytics. Data Services team members are brought in to design and develop critical data integration projects, including C# interfaces between systems, query mappings for real-time data-sharing, and batch-load data conversions. Data Services team members are also called upon to act as critical resources during the design and development of various databases, testing of front-end applications, and other exciting projects. The efforts of Data Services team members include, but are not limited to:
• Development of interfaces enabling communication between various systems
• Development of query mappings, using a proprietary technology, to enable real-time data sharing
• Development and maintenance of ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) solutions for data-sharing projects
• Participation in research and development efforts as needed (database design, systems workflow, etc).
The candidate must be highly self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, AGILE-type environment. The environment is highly integrated, exciting, and team-oriented. Data Services team members work closely with project managers, quality assurance, and developers who form tightly-knit Projected-Oriented groups. The work is challenging, stimulating and rewarding.
Desired Skills and Experience
• C# experience is highly preferred, but some level of on-the-job training is also possible
• Advanced knowledge of relational databases, including proficiency with SQL (including Oracle and MS SQL Server)
• Prior data conversion/ETL experience
• Experience working with multiple databases (Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL, Advantage, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving skills (specific success in scenarios with little available reference material is desirable)
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently, self-manage, and push projects to completion