The focus of this person’s work will be mostly client-side development, using Delphi versions 5, 7, and XE7 and will include supporting existing applications written in these versions. A solid understanding of either Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or Firebird is a must. Experience with threading, interfaces, component writing, XML, and HTTP is a plus. Knowledge of C#, .NET, XAML is preferred.
The candidate must be highly self-motivate and able to work independently in a fast-paced, AGILE-type environment. The work includes the design and development of new projects as well as enhancement and maintenance of existing ones. The environment is highly integrated, exciting, and team-oriented. Using a hybrid AGILE style, developers work closely with project managers, quality assurance, and designers who form tightly-knit Project-Oriented Development groups. The work is challenging, stimulating and rewarding.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of software development experience for the Windows Operation System
• Strong foundation in OOP and OOD using Delphi
• Expertise in Delphi is a minimum requirement. Additional knowledge or expertise will be considered a plus
• Extensive, varied experience in SQL databases (ex – Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Firebird) is required. While experience with multiple databases is a plus, at a minimum, the candidate must have strong experience with one database
• High level of knowledge and experience in XML
• Ability to support existing in-house Delphi components
• Knowledge of Android and iOS platforms is welcome
• Able to work in a high fast-paced, AGILE programming environment
Client provides competitive compensation and fully company-paid premium-level health, vision, and dental insurance. Due to the sensitive nature of client’s work, the candidate must be willing to undergo a thorough background investigation. Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.