A rapidly growing medical manufacturing company, headquartered in the Southwest U.S. and with multiple plants throughout North America. Europe and Asia is looking for a Director of IT to lead the strategic direction and management of the company’s business applications. This role will require a deep working knowledge and understanding of core business systems, including but not limited to Oracle EBS and IQMS. The Director of Business Applications will lead the implementation of a strategic roadmap for application-related projects and enhancements. This individual will also drive consistency in and maturation of internal IT operating processes nationwide while building a strong team.
- Direct the work efforts and manage the performance of a growing team of internal business application resources
- Develop and lead implementation of the business application roadmap in close consultation with business leaders from manufacturing, operations, quality, and supply chain.
- Ensure delivery of key business systems projects within scope, schedule and budget, including hands-to-keyboard development when needed
- Interact regularly with shared services and operations leadership to ensure alignment of business applications roadmap with business strategy
- Manage relationships with business application software vendors
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience, with progressive management responsibility delivering IT solutions across a mid-size or large enterprise
- BA/BS degree; advanced degree is a plus
- Successful experience implementing Oracle EBS R12 across a multi-location business
- Oracle EBS configuration experience a plus
- Experience with IQMS/EnterpriseIQ a plus
- Experience in multi-ERP environments a plus
- Experience with IT integration of acquired companies a plus
- Experience implementing quality management systems a plus
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations; Experience in medical device manufacturing a plus
- Strong program leadership and talent development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a concise manner to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and initiatives with minimal oversight
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Candidates may live anywhere in the contiguous U.S. but must be located near a major airport and willing to travel 40% during first year to domestic and some international facilities. Travel will be less in future years.