The HR/Safety Manager at the company Wichita, KS plant will support and coordinate all human resource, organizational development, safety, benefits and training functions for a 80 employee facility. Will develop and facilitate the implementation of a strategic plan designed to move the manufacturing plant toward world-class stature in safety, health, environment, and also in quality and cost. This effort includes organizational assessment and diagnosis, development and training, employee involvement, team development, and group facilitation. Will coach managers and employees to achieve best communication practices and develop and fine tune interaction capability. Will manage salary spending and administration, and oversee benefits administration, communications, and provider relations.
• BA/BS in related field or equivalent work experience; an MA preferred.
• 7-10+ years progressive experience in training in employee involvement, problem-solving, group processes, and team building.
• In-depth HR knowledge in recruitment, salary planning, and benefits administration, etc.
• In-depth Safety knowledge of OSHA regulations, industrial safety programs
• Manufacturing background strongly preferred
HR and Safety Policy Development:
• Significant involvement is required to ensure development of policies and procedures that reflect the mission of the organization.
• Ensure policies support organizational beliefs and strategic plan, travel 10%
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Relocation assistance is available for an excellent candidate.