The Lead .NET developer will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of .NET based applications and web sites to support our business goals. The role is part of the IT development team and will be responsible for a large portfolio of applications written in ASP.NET (VB). Our environment uses Visual Studio 2013 and Team Foundation Server.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Work alongside project team to design, develop, and maintain custom applications.
• Designing the architecture of cross-platform integrated solutions.
• Working with business users and project managers to identify business and system requirements.
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of existing .NET applications.
• Documentation of code and processes used to build solutions.
Outside of the necessary VB.Net experience, candidates should have a strong desire to learn new technologies and will take the initiative to do so. Proven ability to pick up new technology quickly and leverage its benefits towards real business solutions will be more important than years with a specific language.
• At least 5 years web development experience using the ASP.NET (VB) framework.
• Experience using Team Foundation Server (VSS) and other Microsoft development tools.
• SQL Server or other standard SQL platform experience.
• Object data sources, table adapters, bound controls.
• HTML5 experience with a focus on UI and data.
• Mobile app development in any language.
• Experience with responsive design.
• Other programming languages you have personally used to write software
• BS in computer science or related degree
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and live locally since no relocation assistance is provided.