A global manufacturing company headquartered in the Doylestown, PA area, north of Philadelphia is looking for a Manager of IT Operations and Disaster Recovery
Oversees the IT disaster recovery functions including development, implementation, communication, monitoring, enforcement, and maintenance of policies, guidelines, and procedures which promote a secure and uninterrupted operation of all vital IT systems, with a primary focus on IBM iSeries platform. Also supervise and coordinate all activities relating to continuous operations of the global data center.
Responsibilities for IT Disaster Recovery:
- May have any of the following responsibilities: identifies IT disaster recovery functional and data owners; facilitates and develops the creation and maintenance of IT disaster recovery plans; approves, develops, and ensures that plans are updated; establishes and leads the disaster recovery project management teams.
- Provides guidance to and coordinates the efforts of IT Coordinators in the development of recovery procedures for key areas of the organization.
- Establishes disaster recovery testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas.
- Analyzes environmental and equipment configurations for critical corporate resources; recommends disaster avoidance measures and improved backup capabilities.
- Serve as Team Leader for IT DR working group that oversees companywide DR projects.
- Acts as a coordinator during an emergency situation. Assists recovery support and business resumption staff during a disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies.
- Conducts disaster recovery training for IT Coordinators and staff members. Provides instructional and informational materials on how staff is expected to respond during an emergency.
Responsibilities for Data Center Operations:
- Scheduling and reviewing staff assignments.
- Fully document all daily procedures and process and make sure all operations analysts are fully trained for all shifts.
- Document all shift activity and review each day in operations meeting.
- Manage the Change Management process.
- Control the work turnover process.
- Build monitoring procedures for applications systems and systems components.
- Determine quality metrics and post measurements to improve quality.
- Implement power management procedures in the event of an electrical failure.
- Work with applications architecture group to implement new versions of software.
- Provide off site storage and a management process for backup and restores.
- Prepare and utilize preventative maintenance procedures for all systems.
- Manage the operations staff and all weekend maintenance activities.
- Coordinate all activities with IBM and other vendors related to equipment in the data center.
- Manage all the environmental equipment (i.e. UPS, generator, FM200, HVAC, smoke, water and heat detection, etc.) in the data center.
- Requires 5 - 7 years IT disaster recovery experience and a 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience in managing disaster recovery in an IBM iSeries platform.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing enterprise-wide technical architectures.
- Experience in establishing and managing projects with multiple departments/vendors.
- Strong working knowledge of iSeries and/or Microsoft Windows platforms.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Storage sub-systems.
- Strong working knowledge of server hardware.
- Working knowledge of all areas of the organization and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the company’s key functional processes and resources.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies.
- Strong human relations skills to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization.
- Professional certification such as CDRP or MBCI is preferred.
- Microsoft MCSE a plus.
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents (green card holder) and live locally since no relocation assistance is offered at this time.