A rapidly growing distributor of industrial products, located about 15 miles west of Philadelphia, is looking for a Manager of their Product Information Database. This is a new position and the person will build the Product File Team. Working with this team, the Manager will be responsible for the acquisition, storage, maintenance and dissemination of information for over 100,000 products distributed by the company and integrated into the company ERP environment.
This individual will manage the implementation of an enterprise Product Information Management (PIM) tool as well as determine strategies as it involves partnering with suppliers to acquire and develop product data that will populate multiple ERP’s and Ecommerce engines.
- Develops and executes an enterprise product acquisition and storage strategy for the enterprise
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of the Integration Services team; this includes communicating corporate vision and goals, effectively developing and mentoring team members.
- Maintain quality service and SLAs by administering quality and customer service standards.
- Analyze and resolve customer issues by identifying trends and recommend process improvements.
- Maintain weekly/monthly reporting process, issue ticketing system, and knowledge base to improve efficiency, enforce standards and facilitate metrics collection.
- Serve as a primary contact for customer escalations.
- Provide feedback to development on a consistent basis and partake in and provide input for product and platform roadmaps.
- Collaborate with development to enhance and troubleshoot product and platform issues.
- Serves as a primary technical escalation for internal teams on relevant systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- Experience hiring and developing a new team of people
- Outstanding problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Familiarity with various protocols (FTP, AS2, HTTP, SMTP) and also SOAP and REST based web services
- Relational database experience, preferably MS SQL
- Experience with Windows and Unix environments
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus
- Experience with some type of message engine such as Goanywhere, Biztalk etc
- Knowledge of EDI standards (ANSI X12, EDIFACT) and common XML standards (XCBL, CXML, OAGIS) a plus
- Experience in a service oriented environment is a plus
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and reside locally in the Philadelphia area.
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA