A global manufacturing company, located in the Radnor, PA area just west of Philadelphia, is looking for a Senior IT Solution Architect with good manufacturing experience.
The Manufacturing Solution Architect is part of a team that drives maximum business value across the corporation through the effective application of information technology to support the business process domains within its jurisdiction. The team is responsible for driving future roadmap to reduce complexity and duplication, while also maintaining today’s application services in line with agreed service level targets.
Reporting directly to the BIS Product Manager, the Solution Architect will do the following:
- Works with the company IT Product Manager and Enterprise Architecture team to shape application roadmaps to drive overall simplification and objectives for the designation application domain.
- Work with business process owners / experts to enhance the value delivered to the business through continuous improvement of business processes, focused upon better use of application solutions and associated data / information.
- Maintains key architectural artifacts to document the overall application landscape, in order to maintain essential knowledge of the systems landscape.
- Work as a key member of application project teams, to provide continuity of company solution, application landscape and data knowledge in order to strengthen the delivered solutions.
- Gather technical requirements from BIS, project teams and business stakeholders for
- Application solution projects forming part of strategic roadmap.
- Lead early life scoping and shaping for projects within the portfolio, in order to enable business case development and portfolio investment decisions.
- Supports the process of selection of application vendors, solutions and associated implementation partners, helping to assess versus company requirements, including security and risk assessments as required.
- Create high-level solution design documentation, including logical/physical and high/low level solution designs, in line with BIS and business strategies.
- Manage solution risks and issues to resolution.
- Gain solution design sign off from company IT and Business Stakeholders.
- Carry out technical evaluation of suppliers.
- Liaise with project management to formulate deployment plans and migration/upgrade strategies.
- Provide technical governance and assurance during solution deployment.
- Provide technical consultancy to departmental project managers and other internal colleagues.
- Propose application related technology policies, standards and guidelines for Enterprise Architecture review
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Ensure that at all times company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
- As a member of the global IT community you will be a champion of the function’s values and culture, while demonstrating and openly encouraging the behaviors expected from a professional, best in-class IT team.
- This is a major global company, composed of four sectors, which consist of a number of global businesses.
- The project encompasses all operating entities globally that have IT users, across sectors and Group functions.
- The role holder will be required to work with technical and business staff from end user to Director level.
- The role holder will be required to operate within an IT support services environment, as well as liaising with stakeholders in multiple business functions and divisions.
- The role holder will be expected to make managerial decisions within the tolerances set by the sponsor.
- Corporate IT consists of geographically dispersed teams and therefore all roles include working with remote and cross-cultural teams.
- National/ international travel as required in order to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Good standard of business English, written and verbal, will be required in order to facilitate global collaboration.
- Experience in Manufacturing domain.
- An acknowledged applications expert in designated application domain, with significant experience in shaping and progressing application strategy.
- Experience of delivering and supporting application solutions for the business process specialisms defined as the scope for the role.
- Functional experience as an end-user within one or more of the application domains in scope.
- Be an experienced professional who has worked on delivery of changes and enhancements.
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and reside locally since no relocation assistance is available at this time.