A global manufacturer of specialty steel products is looking for several professionals to assist with their SAP implementation. The SAP Analyst with strong skills in Production Planning will perform a broad-based role with both strategic and tactical responsibilities supporting the company’s USA and Global sites for approximately 5,000 employees
Principal Purpose of Position:
- Leads in the design, development, integration, implementation and support of SAP related IT solutions for company’s business applications as directed.
- Fluent in SAP project methodology and helps to develop project plans accordingly.
- Leads crucial conversations during design, build, and implementation with various business stakeholders and peers from other cross-functional teams.
- Aids in defining, documenting and managing project scope, goals, priorities, deliverables and timelines that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Designs solutions and configures applications to support project design and testing, business needs.
- Fluent knowledge of data model for specific SAP functional area, helps with data mapping, and data enrichment activities during project, and creates queries to support ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Assists the business users with activities related to software change requests, including creation and execution of test scripts to test business functionality.
- Creates End user training documentation, business process procedures, establishment of training plans, and helps to deliver user training.
- Leads in basic system configuration and helps to support SAP functional area to meet business requirements and bring to resolution to business problems.
- Develops and executes application testing and assists in coordinating testing with business users throughout the organization.
- Writes functional specification based on business requirements for development objects including reports, interfaces, conversations, enhancements, forms, and workflows.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Training:
- B.S. degree in computer science or related field or a combination of business related function experience, education, or related certifications with experience.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of related experience with SAP ECC 6.0 or SAP S/4 HANA ERP systems or other relative system experience.
- Functional/technical proficiency with at least 2+ full lifecycle SAP implementations for discrete manufacturing industry
- At least 4 years of SAP experience implementing SAP Production planning and hands on experience with at least one S4 HANA implementation. Exposure to PPDS within S4 HANA will be added advantage.
- Experience on designing and testing interfaces with third-party Planning and Scheduling tools (such as I2 factory planner).
- Knowledge on simplifications done on Supply chain / Manufacturing process in S4 HANA system as compared to SAP ECC systems are required.
- Should have experience in Process modeling tools (such as ARIS), SAP Solution Manager and Test Management tools (such as HP ALM).
- Experience defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- SAP functional and configuration experience
- Demonstrated business knowledge or experience for specific functional area.
- Knowledge of Excel including using macros a plus
Candidate should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Relocation assistance is provided for excellent candidates.