Will act as Administrator for SAP BusinessObjects system. Responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of IT Business Intelligence applications and systems. Responsible and/or assists in planning, coordination, analysis, design and implementation of IT related business projects in the BI systems. Provides technical support for BI projects. The position is responsible for coordination of project related tasks relative to project goals, resources and timelines.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technical and analytical support of systems analysis and design, development, implementation, production support, maintenance, enhancement and troubleshooting of BI implementations.
• Write detailed specifications for new applications and systems related to BI strategy.
• Review all system work before applications are incorporated into production.
• Experience in data loading, info cubes and other reporting structures, transfer rules, master data and BI performance tuning.
• Matching of internal customer needs to software capabilities utilizing current management techniques including balanced scorecards, key performance indicators (KPI), business performance management and data modeling.
• Architect and Develop BI solutions using SAP BW and SAP BusinessObjects.
• Other SAP BI/BW/BOBJ experience related to process chains, monitoring, bursting/broadcasting, BI reporting, universe design and creation, report design, and dashboards.
• Translate requirements into database and Universe design.
• Clearly define “best practices” for performance and usability.
• Create and maintain documentation on Universe and SAP BusinessObjects deliverables.
• Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 3-5 years relevant experience in SAP BI/BW.
• 3-5 years relevant experience in SAP BusinessObjects, including Universe development, Web Intelligence, Xcelcius and Business Explorer.
• Administration of SAP BW/BusinessObjects security settings.
• Experience with SAP BusinessObjects Suite performance tuning.
• Knowledge and experience with Data Warehousing and Data Migration concepts and methodologies.
• Familiarization with Dimensional Database Modeling.
• 3 full-cycle projects in relevant area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 3 years experience with Software Development, Software Testing, Implementation and Change Management.
• Knowledge of software development and testing methodologies (S/W life cycle).
• Occasional travel required.
• German language fluency is a plus.
• Hands on experience with ABAP workbench and programming
• SAP Business Objects certifications
• Experience working in a validated FDA regulated environment
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Local candidates only, no relocation assistance is provided.