A major global apparel company is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work remotely with occasional visits to corporate operations center located about 20 miles north of Princeton, NJ or out of their New York City headquarters. This is a $10B company that is growing rapidly yet presents a very stable and profitable working environment; they are offering an excellent compensation package of salary, annual bonus and benefits.
The Senior Data Engineer (Customer Data) will be responsible for the managing and optimizing the data flows and data mappings between the different global customer data platforms at PVH including Customer Data Platform (CDP), Marketing Systems, CRM Systems, other backend systems and various data integrations tools.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Understand, document and optimize the customer data flows between the Customer Data platform (CDP), Marketing systems, CRM systems, other backend systems like Digital Commerce and various data integration tools (ETL, JSON, APIs, Mulesoft, etc.)
- Perform hands-on data mapping throughout the Customer data ecosystem listed above
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures
- Design, develop and execute complex queries to triage data mapping and quality issues in multiple languages (SQL, SoQL, etc.)
- Design and develop using various data languages like Python, R, Scala etc.
- Should be very familiar with data and how it drives analytics and insights
- Establish data policies, standards, and procedures to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Document technical designs and other required documentation updates
- Work with Product Engineering team Scrum Master and Engineering Manager in the prioritization and planning of work
- Participate in various team meetings and cross team collaboration activities
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of software and data engineering experience with focus on designing and developing with Customer Data technologies and platforms, Databases, and large-scale data processing systems
- 3-5 years of working with customer data flows and mappings across Customer Data Platform (CDP), Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Salesforce Service Cloud (SFCC), Mulesoft APIs, ETL tools etc.
- 3-5 years of technical design and development experience with data development languages like SQL, Python, R, SQL etc.
- Experience with running complex queries to triage issues across different data platforms
- Experience with data analytics
- Experience with improving data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) with product/sprint backlog, story point estimation
- Demonstrate ability to mentor other team members
- Big Data technology experiences a plus
- Data flow and mapping experience across Customer Data Platform (CDP), Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Salesforce Service Cloud (SFCC)
- Data flows using Mulesoft APIs, JSON
- ETL tools/technologies, Databases
- SQL, Python, R, Scala
- Scrum/Agile practical experience
Preferred Skills: Following skills are not required but will be considered a major plus:
- Experience with Snowflake, other cloud data warehouses
- Experience working with Loyalty, Digital Commerce, POS data
- Experience with Big Data technologies and tools
- Implementing and leveraging Atlassian tool suite (or other Agile management tool suite) for defect management, issues management, code check-in and deployment, and collaboration.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and reside locally since no relocation assistance is available at this time.