A small but rapidly growing distribution company, located in suburban Philadelphia in the Plymouth Meeting area is looking for a Senior Technical Support Supervisor. This person is responsible for managing the internal Help Desk team that provides timely, accurate, and courteous assistance for all IT functions to staff located in the company’s more than 400 distribution centers...
This is a supervisory role which requires excellent communications skills, the ability to inspire a team to world-class performance, to analyze support metrics and make recommendations from that analysis, in order to ensure that key processes are documented and effectively interact with company employees at all levels.
- Ensure a world class IT help desk support experience for staff at the company 400+ distribution centers, including courteous responses in a timely fashion for all requests.
- Analyze support requests and make recommendations for changes in process, training, software, etc.
- Work closely with internal and external support teams to create workflows that enhance and streamline the customer support experience.
- Ensure that all support processes are documented and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Handle recruitment, development, training, coaching, evaluation and management of the support team.
- Provide performance feedback to the Help Desk Team and facilitate their professional development.
- Participate up to 20% of their time on the Computer Help Desk, answering and logging support request. Be familiar and current with all company IT resources in order to resolve issues outside their knowledge area.
- Must be customer service oriented; strong desire to meet the needs of external and internal customers.
- Must have strong functional IT knowledge; also excellent knowledge of company IT systems and applications. Advanced knowledge of the Windows Operating Systems and O365.
- Must be willing to take charge of team personal development.
- Possess the ability to give technical instructions to a non-technical audience
- Must possess superior skills in logic, problem solving, and planning
Education, Training, Experience
- Management experience on a Help Desk
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience
- Call Queue, Ticketing, Remote Desktop management solution experience
- Experience in a technical lead role on a help desk
- MSP experience
- Relevant industry recognized certifications
Candidates should be citizens or U.S. permanent residents and live locally since no relocation assistance is available at this time.